Regional Transport Office -RTO Offices in Mumbai

Regional Transport Office -RTO Offices in Mumbai

Regional Transport Office – RTO in Andheri
Address: Regional Transport Office, D/111, Ambivali Village, Versova Road, Near Manish Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai, Pincode – 400053.
Telephone Number: 6362252, 26366957, 26319821

Regional Transport Office – RTO in Ghatkopar
Telephone Number: 25115202

Regional Transport Office – RTO in Thane
Telephone Number: 25340474

Regional Transport Office – RTO in Worli
Address: 25/Sir Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Pincode : 400025, Mumbai
Telephone Number: 25340474

Regional Transport Office – RTO in Wadala
Address: B/2, 3rd Flr, Wadala Truck Terminal, Wadala Road, Pincode : 400037

Regional Transport Office – RTO In Tardeo
Address: Old Bodyguard Lane, Tulsiwadi Tardeo, Mumbai, Pincode – 400034.
Telephone Number: 24944600, 24932337, 24944601, 24944602

Source :trafficpolicemumbai.maharashtra.gov.in


Mohandas Thelakkat said...

Hi, I had a query regarding the rule for painting of a private car.
1. Can I change the colour of my private car?
2. What form (number) do I fill to seek this permission?
3. On what grounds can this permission be refused?
4. What are the charges for this procedure / permission?
5. How recently has this rule regarding the change of colour been amended?
6. What was the rule before this amendment?
Thank You. Please mark a copy to mohandas_t@hotmail.com too if possible.

Rohit Jain said...

Hello Mr. Mohan, Yes, It is permitted and it is required that you notify RTO about the alteration. The Correct procedure is , get a permission from rto in a letter , get the job done and show the car , pay the necessary fee and change in rc book.
You will need to apply at RTO using the form at this link: http://www.mahatranscom.in/Pdf/form_bti.pdf
Fees for necessary alteration in the RC has to be paid.
Hope this helps!

vikas biyani said...

Dear Sir,
I stay in Tilak Nagar,Chembur(East) Mumbai. I want to bring my vehicle from Andhra Pradesh for which i need to get NOC..Would like to know in the Name of which Regional Transport office should i get the letter..is it Worli or Wadala and what is the name of designated officer name to whom the NOC must be mentioned ?

Rohit Jain said...

I suggest that you call the above two RTO's to check as it depends on the address of stay.You can then get it in the name of the RTO of the respective location.

Rushil Shetty said...

I have misplaced my learners license which i obtained 2 months ago. I still have my verified documents proving that i passed my test. Can i ask for a replacement to the learners license? Or can i appear for the permanent license test without the hassle of getting a learners again and waiting for a month?

Rohit Jain said...

I suggest that you appear for permanent driving license test with the verified documents available with you.

Prasad Malandkar said...

What is the procedure for getting HSRP number plates? From where can I get these number plates? How much is the fee?

Rohit Jain said...

Above details are currently available, as the bidder is yet to be finalized.

Yashraj said...

I have a 2 wheeler Kinectic Honda which is around 26 years old.....Today it got towed & on enquiry i was told that the passing needs to be renewed.....I would like to know how much would the entire procedure cost.....

Mehul Mak said...

i want to buy a second hand car in mumbai/maharastra, kindly tell me what all documents should be checked?

Rohit Jain said...

Application for renewal of registration certificate shall be made in form CMV25 not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry along with documents Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution Under Control Certificate, Prescribed fee and to produce the vehicle for inspection in good condition.
Renewal is Rs. 60/- and green tax is Rs. 250/- for two wheelers.
Renewal is Rs. 100 for Imported Two Wheelers.
Rs 25/- per calendar month as compounding fee for belated renewal of registration subject to a maximum of Rs 100/-

Rohit Jain said...

You need to check the RC of the vehicle along with Insurance, NOC from Police(Current owner should get it), it confirms that there are no pending challans or police case against the vehicle.

Imran Khan said...

i gave a test for 2 wheeler permanent licence on 13th jan 2014 but not yet received a driving licence is there any way i can track my licence

Rohit Jain said...

There is no online mechanism you have to visit the RTO with acknowledgement to inquire.

Tressa Albert said...

Where do we post complaints against faulty meters on Auto's ? Vehicle no. MH02 RA 9170 plying in Goregaon.

Rohit Jain said...

You can report this at Traffic Police Helpline number 022-24937746/47/55

Suri singh said...

I bought a two wheeler bike from pune and i need to transfer it to thane. I have NOC from pune.. what else is needed to transfer it to Thane and on my name. Thanks!!

tapas gupta said...

Sir, I want to bough my car from Uttar pradesh to Thane. can you please guide what are the documents I do required & procedure to get all these for troublefree ride in mumbai?

Rohit Jain said...

If the vehicle is being brought permanently then you should obtain Police NOC from UP Police for the vehicle and then apply for new vehicle number at Thane RTO with the application for Transfer of Vehicle from one state to another.

Rohit Jain said...

Owner needs to present to complete the transfer, you need to check if it is possible at Thane since the sale or transfer of ownership should be done at Pune as per my understanding.

Usha Shetty said...

Went to renew my driving licence which expired 7 mths back, at the new RTI office in Andheri w, and finished in 20 mts. Very good experience , and very helpful and pleasant officers around, specially one Manoj.

Alok said...

Sir, I have applied for renewal of license in June 2013 but not received by mail yet. Have gone multiple times but they keep saying they have sent it to post office for delivery. I am fed up of going there every month and not getting any positive reply. Dont know what to do? Is there any way that the status can be tracked after being sent for delivery.

Nilesh said...

Sir i stays in Dahisar East, I have problem with the residents of my area only ? People (Who have bikes or auto) park their bikes or auto in between the road (road end out of my house only), All park their vehicles like that way only (aada-teda) and run away to their home, lots of time i told to make a line or park in both the sides of road but no one is interested. I have other ways also (puncture their tire) but i want to take a legal action what i can do for that?
can i go to RTO. and tell them to TOW all bikes?
will they can take necessary action?